NORWALK, CT – September 20, 2023 – GameChange Solar ("GCS") announces it has developed a three-year plan to manage and scale environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues across four strategic pillars: repower, rethink, empower and governance. Each pillar of strategy has a clear line of responsibility to a management team representative along with specific markers of progress. At the same time, GCS will ensure efforts are not siloed and instead reflect the cross-functional challenges inherent to creating a sustainable business.
2022 ESG Headlines:
- 37M Metric Tonnes of carbon emissions avoided annually by generating electricity on GameChange Solar Systems
- Carbon Intensity reduced by 21% (2021 vs 2022)
- Strengthened Vendor Qualification Process to help build a more sustainable supply chain
- Launched 3-year ESG strategy and published first report
Significant in this year’s report is the establishment of goals to be achieved in 2023:
- Implement & audit vendor qualification process for material commodity vendors
- Evaluate the implementation of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Increase recycled steel from 15% to 30% from 2022 to 2023
- Evaluate Scope 3 Indirect emissions for steel and transportation
- Establish DDI targets in 2023
Visit the GameChange Solar ESG website for more information.