Tracker systems generate 20% more energy from each solar panel. Genius Tracker™ is single-axis tracking technology that has been custom designed to maximize the power output and reduce the system's cost.
- Maximize the energy production and drop LCOE
- Generate 20% more energy from each solar panel
- Power production is better for utility scale because power is produced stably throughout the day accurately matching its needs. This often allows customers to generate more revenue from electricity generated by the system.
SmartStow™ and Stow StrategyThe Genius Tracker™ System is engineered to withstand maximum rated windspeed events at typical stow of 35 or 45 degrees west. In addition there is a SmartStow™ technology programmed into the Master Controller that tells the system to move to other stow positions that remain closer to normal operating position for the time of day as much as possible to maximize production uptime. You may see a partial movement toward the stow position with light wind events. If the system is already pointing towards the west such as in the afternoon it will most likely already be at or near maximum wind speed stow position and you will not see any movement at all during wind events. Since most wind events occur due to thunderstorms which occur in the afternoon, this will reduce the number of stow events and increase the production of arrays mounted on the Genius Tracker System.
TEST & CERTIFICATION
CPP wind tunnel tested and rated 175 mph [78.23 m/s]
ETL / UL 2703 tested
Black & Veatch technical assessment
CalculationsSite specific structural PE stamped drawings and calculations based on values for any location
Piles: G235 galvanized steel (or HDG option) roll formed
standard posts, HDG wide flange option also available
Tubes, Purlins and Other Components: G90 galvanized steel or Allied Gatorshield (G120 outside / G60 inside equivalent)
Tracker Hardware: Magnacoat 3/8'', 1/2'' & 3/4'' hex bolts, serrated flange hex nuts and washers, 1/2'' & 3/4'' threaded rods, 3/8'' U bolts
Panel Mounting Hardware: Stainless steel 1/4'' - 20 serrated flange nuts 1/4'' - 20 x 3/4'' long bolts plus star washers for grounding
First solar Module Clamps: G90 Steel or AL
Bearings: 6005A-T6 aluminum and UV rated PP
Install of Genius Tracker™ 40%
- Available Q2 2018
- Eliminates all panel mounting hardware
- Preassembly option available
- Combined with preassembled drive system, Genius Tracker™ now is the fastest installing tracker in the industry
QuikClamp™ Speeds Install 30% for First Solar Series 4 Modules
- QuikClamp™ may be bolted on by either driving serrated flange nut from below with SelfLock™ feature using hex bolts or from above with button head bolts.
- QuikClamp™ bottom: First Solar approved Santoprene™ TPV, QuikClamp™ Top: G90 Steel
Solar Frontier Mounting Rails
- The GameChange Genius Tracker™ offers a mounting solution for the high performing and efficient Solar Frontier CIS module. Two Solar Frontier CIS modules are held in between each pair of purlins in portrait configuration.
- The GameChange Genius Tracker™ CIS module configuration helps improve energy production by increasing the module density compared to the competition.
First Solar Series 4™ Mounting Rails
- The GameChange Genius Tracker™ offers a mounting solution for the high performing and efficient First Solar Series 4™ module. Three First Solar Series 4™ modules are held on top of each pair of purlins in landscape configuration.
- The GameChange Genius Tracker™ First Solar module configuration helps improve energy production by increasing the module density on each table.
Helical Pile Attachment Available
- Supports all standard helical piles
- G90 galvanized steel
- Fast installation
Standard Table With Thin Film & Silicon Framed Module
SOLAR TRACKER DESIGN ENGINEERING SERVICE SPECIALIZED FOR UNDULATING GROUND
GameChange Solar provides a value added service for the Genius Tracker™ single axis tracker to be utilizable on undulating and sloping ground conditions. The service entails a detailed analysis of the tracker system layout in AutoCAD® Civil 3D®. 2D slices are then analyzed for proper tracker slope design to minimize or eliminate any grading requirements, often utilizing extra long extra piles in valleys so the trackers can span rapid and significant undulations while minimizing or completely eliminating the need for costly grading.
We are constantly looking for new ways to arm our clients with the information and tools they need to install their tracker system as quickly and cost effectively as possible. By performing this in-depth topography analysis early in the design process, GameChange Solar’s engineers can reduce or eliminate grading even on sites with challenging terrain. - Scott Van Pelt, Sr. Director of Engineering at GameChange Solar